okay, I’ve had some ppl ask if I do livestreams, and i swear to god watching me draw would be the slowest most boring thing EVER.
here I made a gif that summarizes the last half hour of TWO HOURS OF STRUGGLING. (if i included the previous 1.5 hours if would just be frame after frame of me deleting everything i draw).
but basically, what’s happening the gif:
- thumbnail/rough sketch
- loose gesture drawing/figuring out angles and movement
- indicate bone structure, angles, perspective
- don’t forget to draw the actual eyeball, it makes a difference!
- using previous lines as a guide, flesh out the drawing- focus on getting masses and volumes correct
- now that i know where everything goes, i can do a relaxed drawing on top, all i have to worry about at this point is making it pretty. The focus is on brushstrokes and line width.
- adjust layers until happy.